Search for Director of Spiritual Life
for NPH Central America homes.
March 4, 2010 - Press Release - NPH International
|Baptism ceremony at NPH.|
We are searching for a NPH Director of Spiritual Life in Central America.
The Director of Spiritual Life at Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos™ in Central America will be responsible for the following ministries...
- Celebrate liturgy at NPH Guatemala during the weekdays and on weekends.
- Prepare the children for the celebration of the Sacraments at NPH Guatemala including First Communion and Confirmation.
- Develop and implement retreats, days of reflection and/ or workshops for the children and staff at NPH Guatemala.
- Provide basic pastoral support for the children and staff at NPH Guatemala including the ministry of presence, listening and counseling, affirmation, and clinic visits.
- Will live and be based at NPH Guatemala in Paramos, Guatemala, while willing to travel to NPH El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua at need to celebrate important events in the lives of the children i.e. Quinceaños, graduations, funerals, etc.
- Develop catechetical teams and work with them on developing curriculums for NPH El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua.
- Assure that proper sacramental preparation is taking place at all NPH homes in Central America.
Since a good part of this ministry is sacramental, we are particularly interested in a priest or permanent deacon. Applicant should have a basic fluency in Spanish, or be willing to learn in an immersion course setting.
To apply for this position, please contact Father Phil Cleary at email@example.com.