Women Empowerment Program Coordinator - from Jan 21, 2019 - 1 job for 13 months in NPH Honduras.
Coordinate a program called "Chicas Poderosas" for all of the girls and young women in our home. It is designed to improve self esteem and address issues facing our young girls, such as health, body image, sexuality, respect, etc. Volunteer needs to be creative, mature, and able to work independently.
Candidate will develop a year-long leadership and empowerment program for orphaned or abandoned teenage girls at Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos™.
The goal of the program is to help our young women develop the skills they need to stand up for themselves in their personal relationships and teach them that they can be college graduates and professionals in a male-dominated society.
Volunteer Job Requirements
- Bachelor´s Degree in Women´s Studies or Related Field
- Preference given to those with Master´s Degrees in Women´s Studies or Related Field
- Minimum two years experience leading workshops and long-term leadership groups
- Candidate has experience developing programs for culturally diverse groups of young women.
- Experience working with underserved and underprivileged populations
- Experience working with teenagers and children
- Fluent in Spanish, written and spoken
Additional Job Requirements:
- Candidate must be flexible and willing to adapt program to the needs of our youth population
This volunteer job is also available in
- NPH Mexico - from Jan 7, 2019 - 1 job for 12 months.