Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos is a child welfare non-profit organization founded by Fr. William Wasson in Mexico in 1954. We provide protection, prevention, preparation, education, health care, special needs, and spiritual development programs and services in nine countries across Latin America and the Caribbean.
Mission and Vision
Inspired by Christian values, we strive to create a loving and safe family environment for vulnerable children living in extreme conditions. Through comprehensive education, healthcare and spiritual formation, we give children the opportunity to develop their potential, shaping better futures for themselves, their families and their communities. This is our mission.
Our vision is a world without poverty where all children develop their unique potential becoming productive members of society serving their community.
Values and Principles
NPH is guided by the five core values:
- LOVE AND SECURITY — manifested in the safety and stability of the family and realized by profound personal engagement in preparation for meaningful life and gainful employment.
- RESPONSIBILITY — learning to be responsible and to respond to the needs of others, both individually and collectively.
- SHARING — developing kindness, empathy and care for others, through what we say and do.
- WORK — learning to contribute to one’s family and
community on the path to independence.
- FAITH AND SERVICE — putting Christian values into action.
Our deliberations, interactions, and decisions are founded on the Christian principles of “as you did to one of the least of these My brothers and sisters, you did it to Me” and “Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace.”
These principles guide our actions in reinforcing the rights and responsibilities of children as expressed through:
- Compassion and empathy toward others
- Care focused on the needs of each child
- Establishing and maintaining healthy family bonds
- Commitment to serve our family and our community
- Respect and humility in our attitudes
- Transparency and accountability in our actions and reporting
- Embracing diversity and inclusivity
NPH Code of Conduct
NPH provides protection to vulnerable children and strengthens families and communities. We are committed to assuring the best possible care for our children through direct programs, through service to other caregivers and support organizations, and through direct engagement with the community where the children live.
Together we create a family environment that promotes the well-being of children and youth based on Father William Wasson’s philosophy. Our goal is the fullest possible physical, intellectual, moral, and spiritual development of each individual child.
Our childcare standards reflect the rights of children and young people, as stated in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, the convention on the rights of persons with disabilities, and corresponding responsibilities as defined by Father Wasson’s philosophy.
Through our actions and our intentions we aim to take responsibility for the safety, well-being, and protection of our children and youth in the NPH family and in family strengthening programs and the prevention of all kinds of discrimination, violence, or abuse against them.
All employees, volunteers, and visitors of the NPH family are expected to abide by the NPH Code of Conduct. Each individual commits to creating and maintaining an environment that is safe for children, youth, and all persons in need of care in the NPH family and family strengthening programs.
Learn how our work transforms the lives of thousands of children each year.